The proceeds from our plant sale go to:
- An annual $1,000 scholarship for a student in the Stockbridge School/College of Natural Sciences at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
- Amherst Town Common planters – design, plants, planting, and maintanance.
- The 18th Century Garden at the Amherst History Museum, Strong House.
- Grants to the Jones Library, its branches, and several other area libraries for purchase of gardening books.
- Tree Books and Walks: Production of an addendum to Trees in Amherst book and new Trees in Amherst walking tours and descriptive guide brochures.
- Support for such local environmental groups as the Hitchcock Center for the Environment, the Kestrel Trust, the New England Wild Flower Society, and Durfee Conservatory and Waugh Arboretum at the University of Massachusetts
- Daffodil Project: in fall of 2008, we provided the daffodils for the south side of the Town Common and design help for the daffodil plantings at the other town parks as part of Amherst’s 250th Anniversary Celebration. The Daffodil Project continues.